Julie Toth Real Estate always guarantees individual one-on-one service and availability at all times, including after-hours or weekends.
The office is located at 2/7 Gawler Street, Nuriootpa, with high profile signage and a bright front window display viewed consistently by local residents and visitors to the area. Contact Julie to discuss all of your real estate needs.
Julie’s dedication and loyalty to her clients has made a success of her local, independently owned and operated boutique Real Estate practice in the Barossa Valley and surrounding areas for the past nine years.
With extensive experience and an excellent reputation in the local region, Julie has worked in the Real Estate industry for the past 15 years and couldn’t imagine herself in any other business. Julie loves meeting people to help, support and guide them through some of their hardest decisions in buying, selling or renting their valuable property.
Julie’s expertise in the sale and property management of residential and rural properties is supported by her staff members who all offer friendly, professional service combined with experience and qualifications, to ensure all our clients receive the best personal service and attention.
Judy has been with Julie Toth Real Estate since 2012 bringing with her 25 years experience in administration, customer service and account processing roles. Judy enjoys her role working in a friendly, integrated professional environment looking after our Landlords and Tenants with great attention to detail and personalised service.
Judy provides assistance in our Sales and Property Management departments to ensure all clients are happy with our sales and rental services. Judy always goes out of her way to offer friendly and courteous professional service and the quality of our sales and rental procedures reflect her dedication.
1. Office Activity at
• 2/7 Gawler Street, Nuriootpa, Ph: 8562 4650
2. Office Achievements
• The most powerful achievement for our office was moving and opening our doors for business on exactly 1st July 2009 in our new office space in busy Gawler Street. Our quantum leap from a tiny office space in the quiet main street to a very prominent position formerly occupied by a high profile real estate brand was a shock to locals and has generated praise and encouragement all year long from clients admiring our new office location.
• The highly noticed increase in our business branding has exploded in the Barossa, with our signboards now popping up throughout the region at a rate of knots, and our large colourful office signage dominating the corner position in busy Gawler Street.
• As well as the physical aspects of a new office space and outstanding signboards and business branding, is the achievement throughout the year of a strong-knit team at Julie Toth Real Estate, with all the staff working together with loyalty and dedication towards the common goal of creating and expanding an office with the best reputation in town. There is no staff turn-over here – no one ever wants to leave!
3. Business Development Plan
• Firstly, our objective is to provide an alternative and independent real estate agency to the local community, to allow for choice for our clients, even in a regional environment.
• Secondly, our mission is to serve the Barossa region as professional real estate practitioners that all residents can know and trust.
• Thirdly, our growth as both a successful small business while keeping daily operations on a conscientious hardworking level. We don’t intend to be the biggest but we do intend to be known as the most trustworthy and dependable.
4. Professional Development
• The Principal’s personal assistant is currently studying for Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) through TAFE SA Panorama campus, to provide improved services to clients in sales transactions.
• Learning is a consistent way of being in our office. All staff are positive and open to learning on a daily basis, on a practical level learning each other’s duties to ensure the smooth running of the business operation and also on a professional level to keep up to date with changes in legislation and the market environment in general.
• In-house professional development in the form of regular staff meetings, where all staff attend and participate, to suggest and discuss business development policies and sales techniques.
• The inherent culture of the business, as directed by the Principal, is always conducive to staff input and feedback, which greatly contributes to the relaxed and happy work environment. The positive nature of the working conditions for all staff is reflected back to our clients and the local community in general, promoting and developing the business in the best light as a super friendly and helpful professional service to local Barossan residents.
5. Marketing and Advertising
• The office produces and maintains its own promotional website in-house, designed in the office colour scheme and branding to best reflect the style and character of the agency and its staff. Up to date information is offered on our professional services and marketing. All sales listings and available rentals are directly advertised on the office website promptly to increase client enquiry for our business. www.julietothrealestate.com.au
• The office itself is a constant source of advertising for the business. Our prominent corner position on a busy intersection in the heart of our country town is on display to locals and visitors to the Barossa alike. The two large picture windows set in feature rustic brickwork allow for openness and transparency to all who go about their business every day, our office being situated in a hub of activity. As part of the tenants of the Barossa Community Store, our office is located adjacent to the large modern local shopping centre mall and the busy local post office. Our front office window is bursting with lots of bright and colourful listings of properties for sale or rent, and is viewed throughout the day by both local residents and inquiring tourists. Our open plan office space allows the Principal to be front and centre when clients enter our office, knowing that all are welcome to pop in for a coffee and a chat with the boss about the current market and the local community. This freedom of access allows for greater communication, so we can adjust and evolve our marketing services to best serve our clients’ real estate needs.
• Regular media advertising every week in the two prominent local newspapers, The Barossa Leader and The Barossa Herald positions our current listings in the popular real estate lift-outs, often with full page spreads of photos and editorials of our properties on display. Throughout the year, our media advertising has expanded with the growth and development of our business, and our burgundy ad display is a standard feature of the regional newspapers every week, a constant in the minds of locals and eye-catching to curious visitors to the region.
6. Service to Clients
• Serving our clients who needed assistance entering local retirement villages, for example liaising with a village to hold a unit for an elderly client whose settlement was delayed, and keeping various villages up to date with information on the progress of client’s properties on the market in anticipation of their moving into a retirement village.
• Providing the service of organising removalists, cleaners, gardeners, carpet cleaning to assist our clients in relocating and preparing their properties for presentation.
• One client found themselves in such desperate circumstances that our office provided much needed financial assistance to help them to get back on their feet.
• Our office is based in a country town and word of mouth referrals and repeat business contribute at least 75% towards our annual business in the area. All our staff are constantly mindful of serving our clients to keep our reputation at the highest levels to ensure the development and longevity of the business.
7. Service to Community
• The Principal, Julie Toth, gave a series of workshop lectures to local youth regarding the transition out of secondary school at the Nuriootpa TAFE campus. These lectures were to assist young people in understanding how to make a responsible start as adults including obtaining their first rental accommodation. The workshops were arranged by Barossa Lower North Futures and the Department of Education and Children’s Services.
• The Principal, Julie Toth, made a donation and participated in a local school Walkathon/Fun Run to help raise funds for Greenock Primary School.
• Our office donated and participated in the local Community Guide as arranged by the local Rotary Club.
• Our office staff are delighted to be of assistance to visitors and tourists to the Barossa Valley region, as on practically a daily basis our bright office attracts people in looking for directions or tourism suggestions, and we are happy to always assist everyone with a friendly attitude and helpful information. Visitors often express their amazement at such cheerful assistance, and they go and enjoy their visit with a smile from experiencing Barossa Valley hospitality, even from a small country real estate office!